Re: DES for NTLM

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:43:34 +0200

On Jun 11, 0:13, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
[..]
>It turns out I need DES encryption code for this to work, and since I failed
>when I searched, does anyone know of a DES source code I can use in libcurl
>(thus using a liberal enough license: no GPL and no annoucement BSD)?
[..]

Hi Daniel,

ka9q (Phil Karn) used to have a public domain DES/triple DES library, but I'm
not sure if you can still find it on his web site. It looks like his libraries
and tools are all GPL these days.
I do however have a copy of his original public domain version. I did some
modernizing of the code (actually just replacing some longs with ints), but
I also boosted the performance a bit by replacing a function with a version
that I had hacked and modified from another PD DES library.
All very small stuff, put as I did that on company time (we actually use it)
I would have to get a go-ahead from my manager before I could give out this
updated version. In any case, if you are interested I can provide a copy
of ka9q's original PD DES library and probably the updated version if I
take a chat with my boss.
The library works fine, and Phil even put in a small verification suite.

-Tor