Re: victory!

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_devsecure.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:56:04 +1000

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:07 am, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> NTLM
>
> works
>
> now
>
> Aaaah! ;-)
>
> Running with an OpenSSL version prior to 0.9.7 currently segfaults, but I'm
> working on it...

Hmm - I'm getting a segfault with the current CVS with 0.9.7a. Curious.

Whilst I'm digging around in CVS, I noticed the addition of the '--negotiate'
and '--ntlm' flags for the new auth mechanisms. Looking at the curlopt
library code, it seems the intention is to 'choose one' when making the
request.

I know this isn't a mature bit of code yet (paint still very wet), but this
seems a bit 'backwards' to me. The user would have to know/guess beforehand
which auth methods the server supports. I would have thought it more
'natural' to have libcurl just choose from the list of methods presented by
the server. (You could still have flags to disable those you don't like, for
security purposes).

Please fell free to correct me, or point out my misunderstanding!

Congrats,
Cris