'Special' chars in NTLM

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_devsecure.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:17:20 +1000

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:30 pm, Cris Bailiff wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 05:59 pm, you wrote:
> > Then we have a problem with £-letters in the password. It might be
> > related to the fact it is a >7bit letter and the password gets translated
> > to unicode... I'm really clueless on unicode...
>
> 'Me too'. I expect it's the unix '£' sign thats "wrong", but we could look
> at that later.

Well, the '£' works for me when I tested. The account password has '£' in it,
entered using the windows character map. curl --ntlm worked with this
password when I cut and pasted the '£' from your email.

I still don't know how to type a '£' on my US-style keyboard!

I think all the 8 bit characters (if you can type them) will be ok with just
the simple '0' stuffing - full unicode (16 bit) will certainly be harder, but
I would expect there to be OS libraries to help there (lgpl permitting). I'll
dig on this later.

Cris