Re: Problems Making Perl Interface in OSX

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_devsecure.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:39:18 +1000

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:34 am, keiko koda wrote:
> I need help making the Perl interface (WWW:Curl 2.0)
> on MacOSX 10.2.3.
>
> I've tried installing it using CPAN, as well as making
> it manually, but in both cases I run into the same
> problem.
>
> I've tried to find a solution on the archives for this
> mailing list, but find one that addressed the
> particular error I am getting:
>
> Curl.xs:504: `CURL_GLOBAL_ALL' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> Curl.xs:504: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
> Curl.xs:504: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [Curl.o] Error 1
>
> I can't find where CURL_GLOBAL_ALL is defined.

You didn't say which version of curl you have. I believe the one included with
MacOSx is rather 'long in the tooth'. This symbol was added to libcurl (in
curl.h) in May 2001, more than 2 years ago. (That would have been in curl
v7.8 release).

If that's not the case (and you have a newer curl), you do have 'curl.h'
installed somewhere, I assume?

> Commenting this line out allows the project to
> compile, but then the tests all fail.

It should be fine without this line. If you don't have the constant, then you
probably don't have the global init function either.

You don't say what fails about the tests - does libcurl fail to load (test
00constants.t)?, or can it not contact a site (01basic.t) or what?

> I would appreciate any help you can give me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keiko
>

> Make listing below:
>
> cc -pipe -c -I/usr/include -g -pipe -pipe -fno-common
> -no-cpp-precomp -flat_namespace
> -DHAS_TELLDIR_PROTOTYPE -fno-strict-aliasing -Os
> -DVERSION=\"2.0\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.0\"
> -I/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE
> -DHAVE_INTERNAL_VARS Curl.c
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system
> directory "/usr/include"
> cc1: warning: as it has already been specified as a
> non-system directory
> Curl.xs: In function `perl_curl_easy_duphandle':
> Curl.xs:147: warning: assignment makes pointer from
> integer without a cast
> Curl.xs: In function `XS_WWW__Curl__easy_setopt':
> Curl.xs:656: warning: passing arg 2 of `Perl_sv_2pv'
> from incompatible pointer type
> Curl.xs: In function `boot_WWW__Curl':
> Curl.xs:504: `CURL_GLOBAL_ALL' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> Curl.xs:504: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
> Curl.xs:504: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [Curl.o] Error 1

Not having any MacosX experience, I can't provide much assistance beyond this
point. I'm happy to include any fixes/suggestions from MacOS-X users in the
next release.

Cris