Re: Spaces in redirects

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:07:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

(posting to the libcurl list as this is a libcurl patch, although the
original thread was held on curl-users...)

Hi Ralph!

> OK, how about the attached?

I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. I used the spirit of your patch and
reworked it a bit.

Please check out the attached patch, see if this does what you want and let
me know what you think. I tried to make a more generic approach to the
problem, and did all the replacing and things in the Curl_follow() function
as I thought that was somewhat better.

This fix also ignores trailing white spaces and deals with spaces in path
names if such are given in the redirect string.

All test cases still run, and I have two pending new ones that test this
conversion stuff for whitespaces.

I don't think this approach has any downsides to decent and wellbehaving
server scripts as no sane programs should ever return a Location: header
containing whitespaces...

Of course everyone else is free to comment too.

--
      Daniel Stenberg