my curl involvement for the rest of 2003

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:15:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends and curlers,

This is information on my plans for curl-related hacking for the rest of this
year. It may or may not interest you. :-)

Summer:

  I'm not doing any long and distant travelling this year, for the first time
  in many years, so I'll be around more than usual during this summer-time. I
  will of course take periods off and thus I'll be away during parts of at
  least the month of July.

  I trust there will still be enough bright people around to keep up with
  questions and related issues brought here.

Autumn:

  Me and my wife, Anja, have bought a house and we're moving to it after the
  summer. Late August or early September. This is of course gonna force me to
  take a break from curl-hacking and computing in general. I also fear I'll
  get a several-weeks long gap in my ADSL connection as well, when I move it
  from my appartment to my house.

  Not long after we move, we expect to become parents. I've never been a
  parent before, but people tell me it is taking a large portion of your time
  weather you want it or not, and while hacking curl is great fun, I do
  put my real-life and family before curl in my prio-list! ;-)

  All this will make my presence and postings to the list less frequent
  starting for real in mid-August, and I expect that my curl-hacking time
  will be very limited at least from that on through the rest of the year.

  I don't plan to do anything extra to cover for this, as I don't think it is
  a reason for any particular action. It will however put more responsibility
  on others if things are gonna happen, bugs be fixed, feature be added etc.
  If not, they simply will have to wait until life permits more activity
  again.