Re: verbose and debug callback

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:24:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, George Comninos wrote:

> I'm using the CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to get logging information so that we
> can list commands and directory listings in sort of an ftp log window.
> However, this also adds a bunch of other overhead for some of the other info
> the VERBOSE option includes which can seriously degrade performance. Is
> there a better way of getting this info? I think I may added a multi-level
> option to the verbose flag so only certain information can be requested. Any
> thoughts on this? Daniel?

I understand your concern.

First, I think that in general, when using CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION libcurl
should be allowed to run slower, as the name of the option kind of implies
that this is for debugging and for getting internal info you don't otherwise
get.

In your particular case, won't a callback for the headers do it?

Besides that, I could imagine a system where we set some kind of bitmask for
the verbose option to signal what we want sent to the debug function. You have
any existing ideas/thoughts on what you'd like separated?