Re: building curl 7.10.6 under MSVC 6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:55:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, David Byron wrote:

> Wish I would have gotten to this before 7.10.6 arrived, but so be it.

Well, I published numerous pre-releases before the public one and I requested
help on the windows build part several times before I did the release. I
expected this, but I don't think it's such a big deal.

> For now, I'm leaving a few intermediate details. I get the lib directory to
> build all the way through. In the src directory, I ran into these problems:

> 2. the compiler couldn't find zlib.h. I think I've got that covered. See
> the attached patch.

It was not my intension to ship the compressed version of hugehelp.c like
this. In the future, the uncompressed version will be the default one included
in the source archive.

> To be complete, docs/INSTALL needs some new text as well. I've attached a
> patch that contains my attempt.

Thanks! Both your patches were just applied and committed.