Re: test200

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:27:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> > > I'd like it #ifdef WIN32, since I know of no other still used platform
> > > that supports drive letter prefixes like that.
>
> How about Symbian OS?

Right, it does uses driver letters (at least Epoc does, which I have running
in my Psion 5). And I recall that in AmigaOS you can use devices and dynamicly
setup drive-looking symbolic names that look similar.

Still, I don't think libcurl even builds on Symbian and I believe the AmigaOS
version of curl already uses some kind of unix-emulation layer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We shouldn't do the driver-letter parsing unconditionally anyway, since a
letter and a colon is a valid directory name in unixes so
file:///c:/src/blabla could in fact work if there's a dir in the root
directory named "c:"...