Re: libcurl java interface on linux

From: Christian Beutenmueller <flatline_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:25:31 +0200

Am Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:51:06 +0200 (CEST)
hat Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> kundgetan:

> I think this takes a true java programmer to step forward. I am far
> from one.
I've just started a new project for a new Java binding for Curl. If
everything goes well, I'll be able to present a first compiling and
working version of CurlEasy by the end of next week (after that i'll be
in vacation, so the development will become somehow slower).
People interested can subscribe the mailinglist thats soon available
on[1].

> I can assist in making a configure script or similar that generates a
> Makefile in a portable manner. If you just get it to work on Linux
> first...
Well that's one of the major issues i still have:
Building that whole thing.
Since some compilers (HP-UX cc, Aix cc and other non-gcc compilers) need
special switches to compile a working jni library. And the JDK include
subdirectory and a plattform dependent subdir need to be in the system
in the default include path for the compiler.
Right know i'm using an ant script for the java sources and a Makefile
compile the rest on my Linux box. But that solution is far from perfect.

cu Christian
[1]http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=84639

--
North American Terror Organization
Bringing war to the world since the 1950s!