Re: libcurl java interface on linux

From: Mohun Biswas <m.biswas_at_cleartool.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:41:07 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Christian Beutenmueller wrote:
>

>>I've just started a new project for a new Java binding for Curl.

In this context, could Daniel or one of the java-curl developers address
  what would seem to be the obvious question: no matter how much one
likes libcurl (I do and use it very happily in my product), why choose a
JNI solution over, say, Jakarta HttpClient
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/) which is pure Java? I'm
not writing Java code, at least not on the client side, and thus haven't
investigated either solution personally. So this is not flamebait but
rather an honest question which I ask on behalf of those who are doing
client-side Java HTTP.

Thanks,
MB