Re: [Q]: http proxy authorization using libcurl --III?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:32:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, James Kuo wrote:

> When I changed the above code to the following, it worked. It means that
> curl only copy the address of variables, not the cotents of the variables.
> The same situation occurred in sending username and passwd to curl.

Oh indeed. As the man page for curl_easy_setopt clearly states:

  strings passed to libcurl as 'char *' arguments, will not be
  copied by the library. Instead you should keep them available until libcurl
  no longer needs them. Failing to do so will cause very odd behavior or even
  crashes. libcurl will need them until you call curl_easy_cleanup() or you
  set the same option again to use a different pointer.