RE: patch to make drive letters work in file:// urls under Window s

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:16:55 -0700

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> You obviously don't have stunnel installed. You could try
> installing that and see if you can't get the 3XX and 4XX
> tests running as well. The 13X tests all need the curl tool
> to have been built with CURLDEBUG to run.

I looked into stunnel a while ago and punted. I've got to get some non-curl
stuff done too (!!) so I think I'll stick to no-stunnel and no-debug for
now.

> Any clues on why 500 fails and not the other 5XX tests?

The others probably fail as well. I didn't use the -a option to runtest.

So people don't have to dig for it, the error with test 500 is:

test 500...[simple libcurl HTTP GET tool]
./libtest/lib500: not found
curl returned 127, 0 was expected
 error FAILED

When I try to build libtest, I get:

curl/tests/libtest$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `../../lib/libcurl.la', needed by
`lib500.exe'. Stop.

I haven't gotten much beyond this, but I'm guessing we need something like
Makefile.vc6 here. Anyone have these "lying around" or feel the urge more
than I do right now to make them? Is anyone else pondering getting curl to
build with Visual Studio .NET instead of Visual Studio 6? It won't remove
my dependency on VS 6 because of zlib and openssl, but it is one step
closer.

> Nice work!

Thanks much.

-DB