Re: >2 GB file support

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:29:32 -0700

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:03:26AM -0700, Rob Braun wrote:
> Yes, it does seem rather short... However, it also does accomplish
> the task of downloading the large files. =)
> Perhaps there's aspects of the problem I'm not getting, which I'd
> love to hear about.

Probably not. I just assumed it would be more complicated or someone would
have fixed it by now!

> It appears that none of the changes I made affect public API, so
> clients of libcurl will hopefully be unaffected. I'll also test this
> before submitting a revised version of the patch.

I took a quick look at the API and I came the same conclusion. There are a
couple of new options that should be added to support longer files, but those
can be done in a backwards-compatible manner. The minimum is probably
CURLOPT_INFILESIZE and CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM; I didn't think anyone would
POST anything more than 2 GiB, but the last message seems to invalidate that
assumption so a new CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE should probably also be added as
well.

>>> Dan