Re: Post size limit?

From: Rob Braun <bbraun_at_synack.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:32:49 -0700

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:00:51PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Paul Accosta wrote:
>
> > I have a series of post that I am running through the small ones post just
> > fine but when I hit a big one(the one causing the proble is 1589Kb) it hangs
> > when I go to do the curl_easy_perform. Is there a limit to the size of post
> > or do I need to do something special?
>
> No, there is no limit. Earlier libcurl versions did have a problem with
> largish posts over HTTPS though.

Looking through the source, it looks like it allocates all the
headers and then sends them together. So, the limit is really
the maximum contiguous address space you can malloc()/realloc()
or 2^31 (since postsize is an int), whichever is smaller.
In any case, these should bot be much larger than 1589Kb...

(An improved 2GB file patch is still coming, I haven't forgot. =)

Rob