Re: Post size limit?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:15:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Rob Braun wrote:

> > No, there is no limit. Earlier libcurl versions did have a problem with
> > largish posts over HTTPS though.
>
> Looking through the source, it looks like it allocates all the headers and
> then sends them together.

Well look again ;-) Let me quote a selected little piece:

-- snip --
 if(postsize < (100*1024)) {
    /* The post data is less than 100K, then append it to the header.
       This limit is no magic limit but only set to prevent really huge
       POSTs to get the data duplicated with malloc() and family. */
-- snip --

Also, you can do the posting using read callbacks which is another way that if
you enable chunked-encoding doesn't even suffer from the 2GB limit.

But, if you do multipart form posts with libcurl the 2GB limit is there for
real.