Re: ares + curl_multi : segfault on lookup failure

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:12:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

> Your patch doesn't seem to help - I am still getting a null pointer in
> Curl_connecthost:

Weird. I don't get it how that comes:

Curl_connecthost() is called from ConnectPlease() function.

ConnectPlease() is called from the SetupConnection() function.

The SetupConnection() function should only be called if the name actually was
resolved. The function is only called from two different places:

1) url.c:3197 if the name resolved synchronously

2) url.c:3219 (within the Curl_async_resolved function) if the name has
   already resolved asynchronously.

Can you see which of these statements that are wrong when this happens for
you? This works for me (and the new test case 507).