Re: CURLOPT_ENCODING: downloads and uploads

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:31:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Mohun Biswas wrote:

> That's the thing, the upload side doesn't seem to be callback-driven.

Uploads in general is, but multipart formposts is a specific case of uploads
that doesn't use callbacks.

> All the curl_formadd() options refer to files or buffers. If there was a way
> to point the upload at a FILE * stream or a callback I could probably work
> out how to do this, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing.

Feel free to suggest an API and provide a patch.

> I guess uploading with curl/libcurl is significantly less common than
> downloading.

I don't think so. There is a large amount of applications that use libcurl for
uploads as well. I don't think you can estimate the amount of users based on a
lack of the single feature you miss.

But if you had said "compressed uploading" I would agree 100%.