Few Proxy Questions

From: Matt Veenstra <matt_at_tribeworks.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:19:21 -0700

    Hello,

I just set up proxy detection for Mac OS X. The system provides us with.

HTTP
HTTPS
Gopher
FTP
RTSP - not relevant
SOCKS

CURLOPT_PROXY works for HTTP proxies according to the docs.
Is there a call for FTP, and Gopher proxies?

Mac OS X provides separate proxies for HTTPS so I just strncmp the beginning
of the URL for http:// or https:// and call the same CURLOPT_PROXY with the
proper HTTP or HTTPS from the system. Is this fine?

I assume FTP could be added very easily since it is uses the default
environment variables on Linux if they are set. Is this somewhere and did I
miss this?

If a SOCKS proxy is defined in the Mac OS X system should I use this value
in CURLOPT_PROXY and set CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE accordingly? What if HTTPS proxy
is also defined. What happens in this case? Can I set both proxy types.

Gopher is near dead so it is not so important.

I will pass along a full working sample once I get these few items sorted
out. Everything but everything is working great.

Thanks for the input,
Matt
Tribeworks