Re: post data in a chunk to http server and also receive data from there to a chunk

From: Joerg Mueller-Tolk <curl_at_mueller-tolk.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:56:57 +0200

Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

>>is it expensive?
>>

>libcurl is free ;-)

I think he wants to know if using the callbacks will slow his
application down. No it wont.

>>Why I would like to know more about it is cuz my application's
>>threads would send requests very extensively
>>

>It sounds like you might want to look at the curl_multi_* interface.
>This will probably give as good performance as multi-threading, and
>is a lot easier to implement.

I suppose using the curl_easy_* interface is still easier if you are new
to curl and already familiar to multithreaded programming.

I don't know if the multi-interface has better performance than the
easy-interface in many threads. Daniel, what do you think?

Joerg M-T