Re: post data in a chunk to http server and also receive data from there to a chunk

From: Jörg Müller-Tolk <curl_at_mueller-tolk.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:54:50 +0200
Jerry G. Chiuan wrote:
I suppose using the curl_easy_* interface is still easier if you are new
to curl and already familiar to multithreaded programming.

I don't know if the multi-interface has better performance than the
easy-interface in many threads. Daniel, what do you think?

Joerg M-T

#snip#
Hi Joerg,
have you used both of them?
Nope, easy one only.

what do you mean "already familiar with multithreaded programming" ?
I don't want to treat on anyones toes, but for very long I couldn't believe how many programmers are only used to single threaded programming.
Spoken for myself, I think the easy-interface used in a thread pool of worker threads has advantages if new programmers join a development team.
It has excellent readability and you almost can't do anything wrong.
Joerg M-T
------------------------------------------------------- This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek Welcome to geek heaven. http://thinkgeek.com/sf Received on 2003-09-15