Re: Re: ares

From: Giuseppe Attardi <attardi_at_di.unipi.it>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:21:44 +0200

----- Original Message -----
>> I get SIGSEGV in SocketIsDead, that gets called from line
>>
>> bool dead = SocketIsDead(check->firstsocket);
>>
>> in ConnectionExists. This is the value of check:
>
> check->firstsocket is -1. That's not a live socket, and thus the matching
> entry ConnectionExists() found was not fine. It should probably not be in
> there in the first place. Can you figure out how that comes?

> Can you provide us with source code to an app that shows this problem on a
> public URL?

I am trying to narrow down the problem, since it occcurs
in a complex crawler application, that uses multithreading and other
features.
It looks related to ares (maybe just because of different timings),
since if I link the application to standard cURL
the bug disappears.
It happens when retrieving the following URL:

    http://medialab.di.unipi.it/rex.html

I am using a multi_handle and the sequence of retrievals that
occurs is this:

http://medialab.di.unipi.it/robots.txt
http://medialab.di.unipi.it/rex.html
http://extweb.nag.co.uk/robots.txt
http://www.corp.hp.com/robots.txt
http://extweb.nag.co.uk/
http://extweb.nag.co.uk/projects/FRISCO/santander.html
http://www.corp.hp.com/Publish/UG

As it turns out, only the first two URLs do exist.

-- Beppe