Re: SSL sample

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:27:45 -0700

> Subject: Re: SSL sample
> > >
> > > SSL-enabled URL's are handled just like non-SSL URL's. All of
> > > the SSL stuff is handled internally by libcurl - *if* you
> > > compiled it with SSL support (run configure with "--with-ssl").
> >
> > therefore, do we need to set those stuff as below?
> > Or, libcurl can handle internally
>
> > curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_CAINFO,pCACertFile);
> > curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,1);
>
> These determine if/how libcurl verifies the validity of the
> server certificate. Validation is turned on by default; you
> can disable it with the VERIFYPEER option.

Hi Henrik,
I have turned it off by this:
curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,0);
does it mean libcurl will trust the server's certificate without verifying?

I saw server sent to my app the certificate information once my app tried to
hit it.
libcurl shall handle the server's certificate for my app, then server would
start to send data, is it correct?
but I didn't see server sent data after that to my app

do you know why possibly?

Regds,
- Jerry