RE: building curl on solaris 2.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:18:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Sharma, Amit wrote:

> Even I had faced a similar problem sometime back. Looking forward for some

[snip]

> checking for off_t... yes
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t),
> 77 See `config.log' for more details.

I got another mail privately from someone else that got this exact same error
output from configure (please keep replies and follow-ups on the list). In his
case, this happens because configure runs a test program to test the off_t
size, and when running the program ld.so fails to load the libssl library.

This was clearly visible in the config.log file, and if you're suffering from
the same problem you should be able to detect this too.

configure seems to have a problem to run this program because the run-time
linker doesn't find the OpenSSL lib. I think you need to set your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or similar) accordingly before configure is invoked.