GET Response for https

From: Sharma, Amit <as230007_at_exchange.Canada.NCR.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:28:00 -0400

This could be a little off-topic. However am too sure if there is any error
in my logic in using cURL for ssl.

Am using the following logic while trying to post data to a servlet on an
https server.

1. Appending data to the URL string, something like:
URLString=https://devp/portal/ServletGen?XML="I+am+working"&Process="Test";

2. setting the URL in curl

curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_URL, URLString);

3. Disabling the server certificate validation
        curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);
              curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

4. Executing
res = curl_easy_perform(curl_handle);

The verbose output shows a GET request to
/portal/ServletGen?XML="I+am+working"&Process="Test";

However the response I receive from the remote server is:
The requested URL /portal/ServletGen was not found on this server.

Now my question is: If the portal on the server is up and running and is
available at https://devp/portal/ <https://devp/portal/> then what else
could cause this URL response of "portal/ServletGen was not found on this
server"? Am wondering if am missing anything in my logic for cURL.

Thanx a lot,
Gracias,
amit