Re: Cached SSL sessions?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:32:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Joerg Mueller-Tolk wrote:

> >>Does this mean that if I re-use the same easy-curl handle and always
> >>connect to the same host, I can avoid the overhead of the SSL handshake
> >>each time?

> >Yes

> Do I have to reuse the curl handle in the same thread or can I reuse it in a
> different thread?

Each curl-handle keeps its own cache. You can pass the handle between threads,
but only one thread may use the handle at any one time.

The SSL session ID cache should be shareable using the share interface (as
that would allow multiple threads to share the same SSL id cache), but
currently it is not. Patches are welcome.