Re: Re: Calling PERL script from C program

From: Moorthy NA NA <kris_moor_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 05:16:25 -0000

Respected Sir, Please pardon me for disturbing you again. As you told i have used system() and execve() system calls to execute PERL script.But message queues in my application are getting filled up.In my project(Application), i am using message queues as a IPC.My application should receive the data from external entity, and it has to process(E.g Adding two int values) the input data using PERL script.External entities pumping the data very fast, so that the message queues are filled up like anything. I feel system() and execve() are very slow. That's why i feel calling a PERL script directly from C as a function call and not through any system call. I am not getting any solution for this problem and i am very new to this doamin. I have registered some of the forums.But still i am not getting any solution.Can you please suggest some idea or the proper mailing list, so that my problem are solved? Thanks, Moorthy On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 Daniel Stenberg wrote : >On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Moorthy NA NA wrote: > > > I do not know What are all the procedures needed to call a PERL script from > > C language. > >This question not at all related to curl or libcurl, and therefore this is not >a subject for this mailing list. > >Use system() to run whatever you want from within a C program. > >If that doesn't help, try a suitable forum for C programming help. > >-- > Daniel Stenberg -- curl: been grokking URLs since 1998 > > >------------------------------------------------------- >This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. >Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it >help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help >YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/ >