Problem with binary data

From: Sharma, Amit <as230007_at_exchange.Canada.NCR.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:49:43 -0500

Hi List,
Am not sure if libcurl is the right forum to ask this question but since am
using libcurl internally to process my requests, I want be sure if am
missing anything in using libcurl.

While trying to retrieve Images using libcurl, I have my callback routine
which dumps the binary image data in a file. I would then rename the file
with say, tiff extension and would try to view it in my browser. These
images get corrupted, as in, the offset get shifted by a byte and I then
manually edit the TIFF file to view the same.

am wondering if libcurl is doing modifications with the binary data received
or I need to have some special mechanism in my callback to handle the binary
data.

Gracias,
amit