Re: When you disconnect the client from server...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:56:07 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Wei Weng wrote:

> Try to unplug the cable in the middle of transfer, you will see that the
> progress function gets called over and over again, the message gets printed
> out. And if you plug the cable back in, the transfer resumes, and goes on.

That is what I would assume it should do. The progress callback is called
about once per second, even if nothing at all is transfered.

> Please DO NOT fix it if you think libcurl should have quitted. :)

I don't see why libcurl should have quit? Pulling the plug does not kill the
connection, it just makes it pause.

> This particular behavior is quite userful to me, but if we can have some
> better control, (such as an option of setting how many times libcurl is
> going to "retry") it is even better!

Again: libcurl doesn't retry at all, so I don't know what you mean here.

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]