Re: MacOSX router problems

From: Simon Clark <simon_at_digitalfrog.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:02:36 -0500

>> I am using libcurl to access an apache server on our local network.
>> We have
>> a router set up to access the internet. If the router is specified
>> in the
>> system preferences, the performance is abysmal.
>
> In what way do you specify the router in the system?

The router is specified in the tcp/ip system preferences panel, right
underneath the machine's IP address and subnet. I don't make any
reference to the router in my code (nor do I see any way that I could)

>> I suspect it is something in my code, since the router setting does
>> not
>> affect Safari or IE when accessing the apache server.
>
> I really can't see how the presense of an additional router can make
> any
> changes to this, no matter how you use libcurl or even how libcurl is
> programmed.
>
> I can only recommend getting a network analyzer to attempt to see what
> happens
> on the network when that router has been specified.

Perhaps it is something wiggy with the router. If that is the case,
how would Safari or Internet Explorer access content differently than
libcurl?

Simon Clark