Re: Please HELP. Cant even get Debug function to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:11:14 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Crypt Master wrote:

> I get acceptable results on my machine usually, but on other machines also
> win2k boxes it doesnt work even when copying the dll from my box where it
> does. It simply memory violates during the perform which is doing an HTTP
> post. I am trying to get DEBUG verbosing to work to provide more information
> to this group, but even that is memory violating. If I turn on debugging and
> provide an empty debug function, the perform violates. If I turn off the
> debug function it works fine. Since the debug function is blank I cant see
> it being a problem with the debug function. I have included my code below so
> you can hopefully spot whatever I am doing wrong here, if you would be so
> kind. It falls over on the easy perform. The debug function is at the bottom
> of the code dump, it just returns 0:

Sorry, I can't help out very much here. This looks very much like Windows
craziness and I am clueless in that area. I can only tell you that hundreds if
not thousands of users before you have sucessfully done exactly this on
windows.

Hopefully someone else on the list can offer some ideas on how to proceed.

> curl_easy_init_proc curl_easy_init = NULL;
> curl_easy_setopt_proc curl_easy_setopt = NULL;
> curl_easy_perform_proc curl_easy_perform = NULL;

Why are you using this funny approach of using the DLL? Are you sure this
isn't a reason why you're having the problems?

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]