Re: Raw socket I/O using libcurl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:54:33 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Bryan P wrote:

> I'm using libcurl to develop an application that can launch pppd after
> connecting over HTTP (using curl). Once I "GET" a certain document from the
> server, a pppd process starts on the server and I need to be able to pass
> control of the client socket for both read and write to the pppd process on
> my end. I'm using curl_easy_* functions. What is the best way for me to
> code my application so that curl can basically hand over socket control to
> my application, after it has connected and issued the "GET" (by way of
> curl_easy_perform())?

I would suggest that you add code to curl_easy_getinfo() so that curl can
return its socket file descriptor (just note that it might not always be left
alive). I wouldn't mind offering this funtionality, but I am up to my ears
with other work atm so don't wait for me to add this.

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]