Re: Timeouts and using CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT

From: Andrew Fuller <andrewfuller2k2_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:23:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Just tried it on curl-7.11.0-20031127 and it worked
fine - ie you can see where curl explicitly closes the
connection upon timeout - see attached output.

Thanks Daniel!

Until this is released, I'll set CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT
on a handle whose fetch times out. Does this affect
only the next fetch on that handle, or should I
subsequently clear CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT?

cheers,
Andrew Fuller

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams

****** fetch1 : http://www.mycgiserver.com/~fullerand/fetch.jsp?delay=50000...

* About to connect() to www.mycgiserver.com port 80
* Connected to www.mycgiserver.com (212.69.162.53) port 80
> GET /~fullerand/fetch.jsp?delay=50000 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mycgiserver.com
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

* Closing connection #0
Done. Return : 28

****** fetch2 : http://www.mycgiserver.com/~fullerand/fetch.jsp?delay=10000...

* About to connect() to www.mycgiserver.com port 80
* Connected to www.mycgiserver.com (212.69.162.53) port 80
> GET /~fullerand/fetch.jsp?delay=10000 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mycgiserver.com
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK