Re: building for Windows with SSL -- patch for config-win32.h

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:24:28 +0100

"David Byron" <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com> said:

> Not meaning to be argumentative, but this doesn't seem so relevant to the
> patch I sent. Seems to me whether or not we need the #define is independent
> of whether we're using SSL. The makefiles are still for VC6, yes?

It can be used for VC6 or later. <ws2tcpip.h> is only included (needed)
if building for IPv6 and/or OpenSSL. So your define is dependant on that
fact since it's needed always (in ftp.c etc.).

>.. , but until then, don't we need socklen_t in config-win32.h?
> Apologies if I sound like a punk. I don't mean to.

'socklen_t' must be defined or not defined so it doesn't conflict with a
header following it (e.g. ws2tcpip.h). Because MS didn't bother to
surround their typedefs with "#ifndef SOCKLEN_T_DEFINED" etc.

> Thanks. I'll try this. Is this something we "should" check in as
> ca-bundle.h.cvs since we don't have autoconf/automake, etc. to generate it
> for us?

IMHO it's better to update the Makefile.VC6 to generate ca-bundle.h
when needed. The "normal" way is to use 'sed' for search and replace.
E.g. use ca-bundle.h.to generate ca-bundle.h by
replacing
  #define CURL_CA_BUNDLE @CURL_CA_BUNDLE@
with
  #define CURL_CA_BUNDLE getenv("CURL_CA_BUNDLE")

or similar.

Window makefiles in Open-source project have a ugly tendency to
fall behind the rest since it doesn't use auto-configure. That's why I
mostly use my own home made makefiles.

--gv