RE: testsuite failure -- test 91

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:58:57 -0800

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, David Byron wrote:
>
> > test 091...[HTTP with NTLM/Negotiate/Basic, anyauth and user with
> > domain, with size 0] curl returned 52, 0 was expected
> > error FAILED
>
> This is the same problem I posted about before:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2003-11/0035.html
>
> I've still not managed to repeat this problem on demand and
> it still happens occationally. :-/

With

$ ../src/curl --version
curl 7.11.0-CVS (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.11.0-CVS OpenSSL/0.9.7c
zlib/1.1.4
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: SSL libz NTLM Debug

It's intermittent for me when I run it via runtests.pl. If I run it from a
shell prompt, it never happens for me when I use --verbose, and always
happens when I don't. As in:

$ ../src/curl --verbose http://127.0.0.1:8999/91 --anyauth -u
mydomain\\myself:secret

always works, and

$ ../src/curl http://127.0.0.1:8999/91 --anyauth -u mydomain\\myself:secret
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

alawys fails. If I run the same command in gdb, it also fails all the time.
Adding --output log/curl91.out makes the problem disappear too.

With

$ ../src/curl --version
curl 7.11.0-CVS (win32) libcurl/7.11.0-CVS OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: SSL NTLM

it fails all the time, with or without --verbose. I haven't built a
debuggable version this way (yet).

I'll see if I can find out what's going on.

-DB