Re: Kerberos on Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 15:25:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I'm not sure this is a futile attempt, but looking briefly at KRB5 sources
> it should build okay on Windows (it includes Makefles for MSVC) and
> AFAICS it is backward compatible with KRB4. I've never used Kerberos,
> so this would be a new experience. Are there many hosts still using it?

I very much doubt that. I don't ever get any bug reports on the kerberos stuff
and I never read any comments about it. All I know is that the code still
builds...

> Until then I have a small patch (non-Cygwin doesn't have syslog):

Oops, it wasn't supposed syslog. I made your code used for all platforms
instead.

> verboseconnect() says "Connected to .." while in fact connection is
> in progress. Not sure a okay/error message should be after connect() or
> not.

Hm, I think you're wrong. I say it is only called after a connection is
completed, and therefor the wording is correct.

We could spend some time to clarify (either by rewrites or just be adding
better comments) some of this code, as it isn't at all straight-forward to
understand...