ftp download in text mode

From: Rolf Jakob <rolf.jakob_at_panalpina.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:11:48 +0100

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with the CURLOPT_TRANSFERTEXT and ftp downloads.
Whether I set it or unset it, I always get the file in binary mode.
What I try is a download from a Windows FTP server to a Unix server.
Using the CURLOPT_VERBOSE option I can see there is the command TYPE A if I
set CURLOPT_TRANSFERTEXT, but nevertheless I get all cr+lf.
The option CURLOPT_CRLF is for uploads only.

Is it the duty of the client to remove cr ?

Thanks,
Rolf