Curl and libcurl new installation

From: Martel, Deborah <Dmartel_at_wescom.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:05:33 -0800

I am trying to install CURL and LIBCURL from the Binaries/Install
packages. We chose AIX 5.1 SSL. We are on the AIX 5.1 operating system
and trying to run a C++ program compiled by our predecessors. The error
we get while running our program is: "Could not load module
libcurl.a<libcurl.so.2>". We have a libcurl.a file but not a
libcurl.so.2 file.

We tried installing CURL based on the instructions at
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html with no success. We can't get
through the first ./configure command because it doesn't exist. Also,
where can I get a good copy of the LIBCURL with <libcurl.so.2>. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Deborah Martel

Sr. Programmer

877-995-9000 x8845

whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please delete it immediately and advise the sender.
WESCOM CREDIT UNION (626) 535-1000