my c Program will not see the file curl.h

From: Dev Uniways <kamel_at_uniways.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:36:24 +0100

Dear Sir,
I wanted to use curl and when I compil my prgram I get

test1.c:6:43: curl-7.10.8/include/curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
test1.c: In function `main':
test1.c:13: `URL_FILE' undeclared (first use in this function)
test1.c:13: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
test1.c:13: for each function it appears in.)
test1.c:13: `handle' undeclared (first use in this function)
test1.c:53: parse error at end of input

the file curl.h is in curl-7.10.8/include/curl/

as I am linux beginner, the only thing I have done is tar -xvf curl-7.10.8.tar

Kind regards

Charles