Re: Handling broken ftp REST over 2 GB

From: Dave Meyer <meyer_at_paracel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:11:41 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Dave Meyer wrote:

> I've put together my first version (well, first public version) of a patch
> to handle ftp server REST inconsistencies. The essential rundown is that

> This patch currently only handles ftp download REST failures. It was
> built against my large file support patch, although I've modified the
> patch file to work correctly on the base 7.10.8 code. I compiled with
> -Wall in gcc, and didn't get any warning messages, although since the
> unmodified 7.10.8 code doesn't handle offsets above 2 GB appropriately,
> I'm not positive that the patch really works on that. It certainly works
> on the large file offset version, though...

...and I forgot to mention that progress metering is currently broken if
the offset negotiated is different from that which was originally
requested. The progress meter still assumes that curl is only downloading
the data it wants, but gets updates for the additional data that the
server is sending due to the different offset, and happily reports
downloading over 100% of the data...sigh...

I will also be looking at that over the holidays.

Dave