RE: testsuite failure -- test 91

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:26:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, David Byron wrote:

> When broken, it contains:
>
> New client connected
> Wrote request input to log/server.input
> Got request: GET /91 HTTP/1.1
> Found test number 91 in path
> Received request, now send response number 91 part 0
> Fetch response data, test 91 part 0
> connection close instruction swsclose found in response
> Response sent!
> instructed to close connection after server-reply
> Closing client connection
>
> When working, it starts the same, but continues with
>
> New client connected
> Wrote request input to log/server.input
> Got request: GET /91 HTTP/1.1
> Found test number 91 in path
> Received NTLM type-1, sending back data 1001

Ah. Ignore my previous reply, it was premature and wrong. I re-read your mail
and I see I misunderstood it.

The fact that the NTLM type-1 request doesn't always come after the first
response is sent is rather an indication that libcurl doesn't do right. The
first response tells libcurl about three different authentication methods
available, and it is then supposed to pick NTLM from those three and continue
with that.

Obviously it doesn't do this always! :-/