Re: gethostbyname & MinGW build problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:21:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Gour wrote:

> First I wanted to avoid fiddling with makefiles, but I tried with
> makefile(using zlib & openssl), but failed, so I ended up with pre-compiled
> libraries, but, alas, the program which needs libcurl (darcs) cannot find
> libcurl function (actually, configure script cannot find it, similarly like
> curl's script :-(

So then the configure (shell) support with MSYS seems pretty broken, or the
configure script itself is. How does it attempt to detect libcurl?

> Now I have to use wget instead of curl.

Huh? The script can't detect libcurl, so you must use wget? Why not override
configure? Also, why do you "have to" use wget intead of curl? Wget is an
executable as well as curl is, why is using wget simpler?