Re: gethostbyname & MinGW build problem

From: Gour <gour_at_mail.inet.hr>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:29:59 +0100

Daniel Stenberg (daniel-curl_at_haxx.se) wrote:

> I would love to have this work for curl too.

On MinGW/MSYS list I got suggestion that curl's configure scripte should
include search for gethostbyname() in ws2_32 libs and the code should include
#include <winsock2.h>

Since I'm not really familiar with autoconf mechanism, can you give me some
suggestion how to modify configure.ac to include required items? (I have tried
with AC_SEARCH_LIBS(gethostbyname, ws2_32), but it is not enough- it probably
requires winsock2.h where gethostname is declared.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour