Re: segfault with gzip encoding support

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:04:48 -0800

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:40:48PM -0800, Vikram wrote:
> One more thing: I simulated the same setup in a linux system and the
> multithread.c code works. Its a linux [rh-9.0,glibc-2.3.2-11.9] . The
> problem seems to happen in a FreeBSD 4.8-release system.
>
> This was my experience with the original code too i.e the one which used
> pycurl. It worked on a linux box but didn't on the freebsd box.
>
> Hope this helps. Thanks,

You're using the default stack size in that sample code. It's probably
different on FreeBSD vs. Linux, which is why it works on the one but not
the other. Try using pthread_attr_setstacksize() to set a large stack
(try at least 128 KiB to be safe) for each thread and see if that helps.
Also, make sure you're linking with a thread safe libc.

>>> Dan