Re: problems with timeout catching

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:18:44 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Roch Mangenot wrote:

(sorry that it has taken me a while to reply)

> Is there a known problem with timeouts and multithreaded applications (using
> CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL) ?

No. They simply should work...

> I dont realy know how libcurl handles timeouts but before digging into the
> code to see if I can find a solution I would like any advice you could give
> me.

It really is no magic involved at all. libcurl simply checks the spent time
against the timeout limit periodcly and returns if the limit is reached.
libcurl does everything (except for the name resolve call if you are not using
ares) non-blocking.