libcurl 7.9.2 FTP on QNX 6.1 lockup

From: Bentham, David <david.bentham_at_siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:48:36 -0000

Hi

I wanted to test your memories before I delve into nitty gritty debugging.

We have an embedded application running on QNX Neutrino 6.1 which uses
libcurl 7.9.2 very simply to download binary files using FTP from a Windows
2000/IIS server.

Originally, the file was approx 3 MB QNX binary file, and there didn't seem
to be problems. However, recently the format of the download file has
changed to potentially be a series of files in a GZzipped TAR file. It still
usually is the same file as before, but compressed to approx 800KB.

From around the same time as the filetype changed, we have started observing
lockup's during the download, at various points, sometimes after 10s,
othertimes after 60s. It appears to be locking up and not returning from the
...perform() call.

My question: has there been such a bug, or similar, that has been fixed
since 7.9.2? I've had a quick look through the changelog since 7.9.2 which
to me are inconclusive. We are reluctant to upgrade libcurl if there is no
reason too.

Many thanks

        Dave Bentham
        Senior Software Engineer