Debugging tip for HTTPAUTH problem?

From: mitz wark <peb_p2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:22:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I hope this is not a too trivial question, but I am trying to make 'digest' authentication work by using these relatively new curl opt.

 curl_easy_setopt(mCurlHandle, CURLOPT_USERPWD, user_pass.c_str());
 curl_easy_setopt(mCurlHandle, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_DIGEST);

But appearantly, server is returning, HTTP401 to me, and always fails in this block in 'transfer.c'.
if (data->set.http_fail_on_error && (k->httpcode >= 400))
   return CURLE_HTTP_RETURNED_ERROR
}

Do I need an additional curl option to set? Thank you for any input.

mitz wark