libcurl not sending QUIT to terminate control connection

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:32:12 -0600

Sorry if this shows up twice, but my mail reader send this out with the
wrong address the first time, and I wasn't sure if it would show up on
the list that way.

I'm working on a patch to get libcurl to send QUIT before terminating
the control connection. I thought I had figured out what needed to be
done, and it is sending QUIT, but I'm getting SEGV in
Curl_GetFTPResponse now, so I'm obviously missing something.

I added the following function

void Curl_ftp_quit(struct connectdata *conn)
{
   int nread;
   int ftpcode;

   (void) Curl_ftpsendf(conn, "%s", "QUIT");
   (void) Curl_GetFTPResponse(&nread, conn, &ftpcode);
}

And called it like this from Curl_disconnect()

   if(-1 != conn->sock[FIRSTSOCKET]) {
     /*
      * If this is an ftp connection, then FIRSTSOCKET is the control
      * connection. Send a QUIT message and get any response back
      * before actually closing the connection.
      */
     if(PROT_FTP == conn->protocol)
       Curl_ftp_quit(conn);

     sclose(conn->sock[FIRSTSOCKET]);
   }

It crashes in Curl_GETFTPResponse at line 296

         memcpy(ptr, ftp->cache, (int)ftp->cache_size);

According to GDB, ftp->cache is an invalid pointer here.

I'm probably missing something obvious, I've been starting at code too
long. Anyone see what I'm missing?

Thanks

Joe