Re: make install fails on Solaris 8

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:34:30 -0600

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>>>Can you try a recent daily build and see if it works the same way?
>>
>>Unfortunatly not, because automake etc aren't installed on the Solaris box,
>>and I don't have root on that machine.
>
> You need root just as little in a daily build as you do with 7.10.8. The daily
> builds are made the exact same way, just not in an official release package.
>
> Besides, you don't need root to install "automake etc". Not that you need to
> do that to test this.

They're kind of stingy on disk space at work, and I don't have enough in
my home directory to install automake/autoconf/etc without deleting a
bunch of other stuff that I need. Without those things I can't test a
cvs load, since you need them to generate the configure file (I think).

Actually, the install for 7.10.5 isn't finding files that are there now.
It must be something in my environment.

On another note, I'll look at implementing your suggestion about
flagging timed out FTP connections, hopefully this weekend.

Joe