Re: make install fails on Solaris 8

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 18:30:47 +0100

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 16:46, Joe Halpin wrote:

> Unfortunatly not, because automake etc aren't installed on the Solaris
> box, and I don't have root on that machine.

You can install automake (and associated tools) somewhere in your home
directory. Just remember to add it to your PATH.

> >>I've been looking through makefiles and such, but I'm not familiar with the
> >>GNU build stuff (libtool etc). The make output doesn't show libcurl.so.2.0.2
> >>or any of the links being propagated to the lib directory. There were no
> >>errors in buiding.

Ruling out permission problem (try to run the install command manually)
I would suspect that this is (yet another) autoconf/libtool error.

Try to add the -x option to the shell (that is, append the option to
the SHELL variable in the Makefile.) This should give more detailed
information on what happens.